Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Supervisor Leopold, County Fire, Loma Prieta Volunteer Fire to Host meeting on 12/15

What: An informative discussion on how Our local fire service works, what it costs, how we pay for it and what the future holds.
Who: Supervisor John Leopold, Division Chief Scott Jalbert (Cal Fire), Volunteer Chief Alex Leman (Loma Prieta Fire)
Where: At the Loma Prieta Community Center, 23800 Summit Rd., Los Gatos, CA (map)
When: 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm

County Fire Team Works Effectively 
Fire Pub EdCounty Fire Services, located in the rural communities of Santa Cruz County, represent an effective team comprised of volunteer fire companies and CAL-FIRE. Funding for CAL-FIRE is provided by the State and the County of Santa Cruz; local residents pay 40% of the costs, while the State pays the other 60% through a unique arrangement the County negotiated many years ago. On December 15th Alex Leman, Chief of the Loma Prieta Volunteer Fire Company, and John Leopold will be talking about how local emergency services are funded, what that funding pays for, and what the future holds for fire service in our area. Please join us for a lively discussion at the Loma Prieta Community Center at 5:30 pm. 

More Information: Supervisor Leopold Newsletter

Follow LPVFR on Twitter

No comments: